Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pork Satay with Peanut Noodles for 2


In our house- we LOVE thai food, however in the past, I have had disasterous results when trying to replicate my favorite thai dishes. This week, I conquered!!
I partly cheated beacause I had some store bought peanut sauce in the cabinet- but it worked out very nice- there were no complaints around the dinner table! Next time I will make my own sauce and let you know the results.

To start, I bought some pork chops and cut them into 1" cubes. Then I made a marinade of ginger, lemongrass, lime zest, lime juice, soy sauce, green onions, red onion, sesame oil, sirracha S&P and a little water to thin it out. I marinated the pork pieces for about 1 hour and then thread them on to skewers that had been soaking in water.

Next up, I made the noodles. Iused half the jar of peanut sauce, Half a red bell pepper and cucumber, julienned, 1 grated carrot, 2 green onions finely sliced (white part only) and mixed in some lime juice and 1/2 tsp brown sugar. Cook either some rice noodles or regular pasta noodles- I used spaghetti, and when the noodles are tender, drain, and toss in a little sesame oil, so they don't stick together. When the noodles have cooled a little, toss them into the sauce and vegetable mixture. Season to taste.


Chop some peanuts and set aside.

Get the Grill nice and hot- then grill the pork skewers for about 5-8 minutes.

Serve the pork satay over the peanut sesame noodles and top with chopped peanuts.
This meal was very quick and easy as well as very flavorful- next time the sauce will be homemade!!




No comments: