Monday, October 27, 2008

Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream


I had a banana that was nice and brown and on the cusp of being thrown out, and decided to try a recipe I had tucked away for a while. It comes from the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Cook Book which I have never used before (strange considering how much I love ice cream...). The recipe is different in that it is a no cook base- so yes, that means there is a raw egg in the mix.I also only made a half batch, which works out perfect, because this is not an ice cream that holds up well after a couple of days. It is best eaten on the day it is made... which is not a problem in our house! The recipe was extremely easy- it took no time at all. The only modification I made was to melt the dark chocolate and then drizzle it in the churning ice cream maker in which it freezes immediately and marbles throughout the ice cream. It is really important to have banana's that are very ripe and with brown spots as this will create that really intense banana flavor. Enjoy!!!
The Finished Product

No comments: