Friday, October 3, 2008

Banana Cupcakes





I finally found the perfect banana cake recipe.

I have tried quite a few, but most end up tasting like banana bread- which is not all together bad, but not my desired result when trying for cupcakes!

Banana bread is typically more dense and nutty- but a good banana cake should have intense banana flavor and a light and golden texture.

I can't entirely recall where I found this recipe- but I have been using it for a while now, with great results. The only issue Marc has with this recipe is that it makes A LOT, and he has a hard time refraining from just one or two- (you can halve it to make 12).


I have been using a brown sugar and Rum cream cheese frosting, but I am still working on the proportions (I melt butter with brown sugar to form a thick caramel, add dark rum, and let cool to just warm. I add that to cream cheese and beat until fluffy). I want it to have more rum flavor so I am looking into a rum extract. However, this banana cake recipe would be great with a peanut butter frosting, chocolate frosting, or whatever you think would work well.


Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments: