Monday, September 8, 2008

Toffee Crunch Caramel Cheescake

Well, here I am- a former pastry student, a former pastry cook and believe it or not, I have never made a cheesecake. I even used to work at a restaurant with Cheesecake right in the name! I have eaten every different kind of cheesecake, lemon, Chocolate, Peanut butter... but truth be told, it is never something I would order off a menu, or have ever felt the need to bake, but it was the first real season football game, and I was cooking a feast! My Boyfriend had always raved about how much he loves cheesecake, so I though, 'Today will be the Day'!!


So I found a recipe I had saved from Bon Appetit from January 2005, and decided to give it a go.



Photo Courtesy of Bon Apetit


Well, truth be told, Marc loved it, as did our friend Jeff, but I wasn't all that fond. I found the toffee 'sauce' on top sets up and was not hard like a toffee, but not soft like caramel sauce. Kind of like melted candies- this didn’t work for my taste. The cheesecake itself was a little dry, if that is even possible. I am someone who loves the creamy texture of no bake cheesecakes, more akin to a cheesy mousse, so that could be why I was not thrilled. The one part I loved was the gingersnap crust- I will definitely be making that part again! The boys did love it though, so I guess I will have to resume my search for MY favorite cheesecake. I will keep you posted!







No comments: